Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What to ask the Provost

Doing some soul searching today. In management seminar, we've been given the opportunity to bend the ear of our new college Provost. Our director has each of us to compose a question to ask about management and to explain why we chose that question... Following this emailed "assignment," was yet another listserv email that I almost just deleted to clear out my over-populated queue. My curiosity got the better of me and I found it was yet another request from a library director asking what other library directors are doing to "short-track" junior faculty members into management roles when faced with a slew of senior librarians set to retire over the next few years. My question to the Provost? How would/does she do it? Does gender affect her approach? What about generational differences? Would a Gen Xer be on a different track than a millennial? I wonder how she will answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment